Sunday 23 December 2018

All work....

Not much play.When the weathers been right I've been too busy keeping myself in a job. I headed out today and rigged up under a full moon before pushing off. It was a relief to get afloat again, been weeks since I felt a rod bend.
A dozen or so nice Pollack, good fishing on mild December morning.Paddle tails, fast, fast, fast! 

I managed one session before today in a lull in the weather, one of those rare bright, yet overcast days. The sea was like liquid chrome and it looked like a day more associated with summer. I decided to try a mark from way back. If I can get up on time on Christmas Eve morning I'll head back there. I had  9  fish and caught what are my two biggest Pollack, nose to tail, the width of the Outback, really big and also a real surprise. The video footage has been well played in my downtime, one of the highlights of the year that's staying off the blog  for a while before the spot has drones on it and features on someones commercial YouTube channel being sold as the latest adventure.

I've got a new boat arriving in January. This Revolution 16 was supposed to be with me a few weeks back but the hull was damaged in storage, just behind the drive well in the picture above. It would certainly make tomorrow's  trip faster and give me more fishing time.Who doesn't need more fishing time?


No comments: