Sunday 4 November 2018

Test drive time


Three years in and I'm thinking of a change of ride. My Outback's served me well, changed my fishing completely and I've done pretty much all of the things I had set out to do with it. Over the last couple of weeks I've started thinking about next year and how that might pan out. It has to be said that the rekindling of my interest in bass fishing has something to do with me considering a change. Time for a test drive of a Revolution 16. I'll probably be in for a shock going from rock solid platform like an Outback, to what on the face of it, looks like an edgier boat. I don't suppose the perfect do it all fishing kayak exists and I might argue for and against for both. For me opening up areas of coast that don't get much or any fishing pressure is tempting. Not that Scotland is exactly shoulder to shoulder fishing, even at the worst of times. Having the ability to do some of the trips I want to do should be possibly made easier with more range and speed. I'll have a look anyway, failing that I'll just dodge on with my red barge for 2019.

The 16 is the middle boat, flanked here by a couple of Revo 11's and a 13. Also pictured is an orange Hobie Sport. My Outback is the same kind of shape as the sport but about 3 feet longer.

No comments: