Sunday 28 October 2018

Signing out with some silver


It's been a short season for me but that's my bass fishing done and dusted till May next year. I was out on the water in the lull after storm Callum and blanked with only mackerel to show for four hours fishing. I tried an area that I wasn't that confident about in the first place. Essentially the only spot I could find some water that wasn't manky! 

 I had six hours on the water today, the air temperature was -5 when I packed the car, sea temperature outwith the shallow fringes was 10-11.5c. I struggled to find the fish. I then had two in three casts on a white FBM, both on the drop. Still fish to be had ,but it's now making less sense to me now with four hour round trips, short days and dropping water temperatures.
These fish were little heavy chunks, they seem to have filled out over the last month or so.

No comments: