Tuesday 4 September 2018

Dodging a blank


I changed my mind at the last minute opting for a Pollack session instead of Bass. The lack of calm days recently forced my hand to tempt me to get the fly rod out. I had an absolute stinker on a similar tide earlier this year, this wasn't much better. If I had been on the water an hour or so later I would have blanked. The fish that were few and far between at the start just disappeared. Having checked every nook and cranny with my sounder they were nowhere to be seen. I didn't fancy hanging around too long as I doubt things would have changed. It wasn't the easiest presentation, super fast sinker, 2 gram lead cone and a pink/white/silver minnow pattern but I did what I set out to do. Hopefully a few Bass on Wednesday. I've been waiting to get to this spot for a while. I would have preferred better tides but with the wind strength and direction lately it's not been an option ,then again, small tides might be an advantage here? Fingers crossed.



No comments: