Wednesday 5 September 2018

The good, the bad and the ugly


It was an absolute privilege to be launching before dawn on a morning like this. I was genuinely excited to be here and it was good to have company exploring the area, turning over stones and trying to work things out. There were a number of things that went wrong today but when the fishing was this enjoyable, at the end of the day, it just has to be laughed off.


The fishing was good, certainly a numbers game. I broke my yak session record by a good margin and managed a lovely fish on a smashing morning.
The bad, Jamie lost his iPhone 7 in the drink! Hard luck squire, easy done.
A fish before sunrise with the full day ahead, worth taking the day off  work for.

The ugly, me getting blazae when handling fish. Yes, it happened again, also with a bass on the lure. Not as easy to sort out as it was a few weeks back and I'm glad Jamie was there to assist. That said, he did paddle off after taking the treble off the lure. He went kind of white watching me trying to get it out. I couldn't cut it or push it through. Even with a flattened barb it took some pulling. Jamie said he didn't hear me. I hardly use hard lures so I'm doing well at the minute.
When the tide turned the wind came with a vengeance, it was a lot harder to fish effectively. My Outback is a weapon to fish lures from but this afternoon pushed it a little.



No comments: