Tuesday 21 August 2018

Chips, hold the fish


When I woke on Sunday morning, against what should have been my better judgement, I loaded the gear up and headed off. Under no impression that the wind would be in the least bit easy to fish in, the desire to catch a few more bass pushed me out the door. I told myself it would be a short session and by the last few outings standards it was, just over 5 hours.It wasn't easy to set up the drifts properly and casting while on the peddles was hard work. It was all I could take to be honest.It took me 3 hours before a bass slashed at my lure missing it completely. It was like a desert and the fish for whatever reason were keeping their head down.

I stopped off for a bottle of full fat Coke and grabbed a snack to see me through my journey home. I've not had these for years, cant say I've ever looked at the wrapper, closest I got to a fish on this outing. I thought I needed 3 bass to get me to 50.I was wrong, my total is at 43 so my motivation to get out in those conditions/tide was ill founded. I deserved that one.
Bass blanks- x 3 kayak, x 1 shore. Caught 5 times, 71cm, 65cm, 63cm and 55cm being the best four fish. On balance, I would have taken that as a result on 9 sessions at the start year.  I'm not done yet but I can see time passing too quickly from here to October with what I have on. I've really enjoyed the surface action this year and if I don't manage another one, I'm alright with that, been great being back at it.

Now for something completely different, back to species hunting, from a boat this time.





No comments: