Saturday 30 June 2018

Taps aff !



Not quite but my drysuit was. With temperature at 29c there was no danger of me getting boiled in a bag yesterday afternoon. Having taken a half day off work the targets were wrasse and pollack. I picked up some ragworm and launched at 3pm on a flat sea, perfect! The wrasse fishing was a bit slow but I managed three species, ballan, corkwing and goldsinny. It was maybe the dropping tide but they didn't seem to be in the mood. The pollack however weren't holding back and I had a great few hours fishing. With the wind gusting to 20mph at the end of session about twice that of the forecast it was a wet and chilly two mile journey back to the launch site. It was however nice to be afloat without a drysuit and have a taste of what kayak fishing would be like in a warmer climate. That said, the water temperature was 15c and it would have made for a bit of shock if I ended up in the drink.

No comments: