Sunday 24 June 2018

Surprise silver

I did some prospecting today trying to find new areas to target Bass from my kayak. It was a fantastic day to be on the water but pretty crap tides to be fair. I fully expected it to be hard work and I was right. I tried deeper on the reefs and also the shallower areas along the transitions between weed and sand  trying to keep myself in as much flow as possible. It was in one such area where the tide was pushed between a couple of rocky areas being exposed as the tide dropped.There was a nice strip of sand between them that looked fishy. I hooked and lost what felt like a really nice fish. I presumed it was a Bass but ten minutes later sitting in the same spot the hooks stuck and after a great scrap I had a nice Sea Trout in the net. I then hooked and lost another one. Funny old game this fishing as I've only ever caught one tiny one down here before.
51cm
I had a lot of small reef Pollack and a few Launce to make up the numbers. Hard work in the sun but hopefully it will pay off in the long term.
Now this would  certainly make a nice livebait....


No comments: