Saturday 16 June 2018

Is the bug back?

I'm on a forced lay off this weekend having damaged my back washing my drysuit. Of all the ways I could have hurt myself this happened simply leaning over the bath.The area in question is where my hip joins my spine, a common injury amongst gardeners I'm told. Painkillers and a physio have helped a little and I'll use Sunday to sort some kit out and get ready for a few sessions later this month. I've decided to put some time in to my Bass fishing again,mostly from my Outback. I didn't catch a Wrasse till December last year so I can hopefully set some time aside for a few session on these as well.
A nice fish from July a few years back.
When I've been speaking to Craig recently it's rekindled my interest in targeting Bass. He's on that daft journey, up at all hours, and with a fly rod. In Scotland I'm not sure there is a tougher but at the same time realistic saltwater challenge like it.I'll see if the bug bites me next time out, if I can pinch some flies from him I might have a crack as well....

No comments: