Tuesday 20 October 2015

Skye diving Pollack video

The second day of my trip didn’t go exactly to plan. The idea was to launch at dawn and catch the light and the period leading up to HT. When I went out to the car I couldn’t believe I had a flat tyre. I had gone down a pothole on my way up from the slip but thought I had got away without any damage. It was Sunday on Skye and my options were somewhat limited. I really didn’t fancy a 6 hour drive all the way home on a space saver and I needed to be fully mobile early Monday morning. When business opened up I made a few calls and organised to meet a mobile fitter in Fort William. This meant I would start late and finish early and not get all the way down to visit Kilt Rock. Poor show given I was all the way up here and the fishing was so good. I made the best of my options and had a few hours on the water. Here’s the video of my trip.

Skye diving Pollack from Martin A on Vimeo.

This cost me what would probably would have been three hours productive fishing!
The Outback’s heel protection has taken a beating but that’s what it’s there for. I’ll replace this in the months ahead and add a few more pieces here and there. There are one or two places I'll need to drag it next year.
Staffin slipway, nice spot to launch but the road down here is littered with potholes if you find yourself here.

2 comments:

Luremaniac! said...

Pity for cutting such a trip short...Better luck next time! Anyway at least you had some fun.
Tight lines

Martin said...

Had a great time anyway thanks, should have taken Monday off really. I might try in Nov if we get a calm frosty period.