Saturday 17 October 2015

Long road to Skye

It occurred to me that most of my fellow bloggers had made this trip already this year and with the favourable weather it seemed like too good an opportunity for me to pass up. 6 hours of driving later, most of which was like gorillas in the mist, without the gorillas. These were substituted by a variety of slow moving vehicles (even when it was safe to go faster than 25mph) Some of the views on the drive up were truly uplifting. The mist and sunlight mixed together layering the landscape so you could never tell what the next summit or bend would deliver as a view, awesome. I’ve got some video but it won’t do it justice. By the time I got to my B&B and then on the water it was 1pm. The fishing was good as well….. Poor Cod, Ballan, Cuckoo Wrasse and Coalies. When the tide turned and the angle of the sunlight changed a little it was time for the Pollack as they weren’t cooperating till then. It was good right up till my GPS ran out of juice and the light was almost gone. No 4am start on Sunday, only 5 minutes to the slip, good news!
Having got ready in a hurry last night I forgot a few items, leader for one, small hooks another. I also only had one Redgill Evo in pearl with me( I have at least four) This is usually a winner in this sort of light and so it proved today. I put a ball weight above it to get it down but eventually lost it to a snag. The Bass Assassin Sea Shad 6 inch in firetail/chart filled its boots. I'm Looking forward to my Sunday session.

4 comments:

Luremaniac! said...

Said and done it! Well done man. Keep them coming...

Martin said...

Cheers.My thumb and forefinger are going the same way as yours.

Col said...

Smashing fish their Martin looks like your having a great time.

Martin said...

Sunday was a bummer Col.I got up to be on the water at dawn only to have a puncture as a result of a pothole on the road coming up from the slip. Organised a spare tyre in FW on the way home. In the water late and out early, still caught some fish though.