Tuesday 10 November 2015

Perch on a dour day

I had a half day on the kayak a week past on Monday. The dog had his surgery and was making a decent recovery so I caught a break from dog sitting to head off into the fog and rain. The fishing was pretty difficult and while my usual spots seemed to be holding fishing they proved difficult to tempt. I found more snags than fish in this session losing a number of rigs. Even with the gusting wind I felt I was fishing the snags effectively using the directional guide on the Lowrance to sit just off them peddling slowly to stay stationary and making casts around the target areas. This usually works but various drop shot lures and shads went unnoticed. I did however manage three nice Perch just as the light started fade whilst fishing along the shallow end of a drop off that went from 3ft to 15ft. Bouncing an orange/motoroil Kopyto along the top of the drop off did the trick and the best Perch went about 2.8 pounds. The weather pattern we’re stuck in at the minute sucks!

Perch on dour day from Martin A on Vimeo.

The battle scarred mutt was also neutered, all things being equal he's probably doing better than you or I would be.

No comments: