Friday 24 October 2014

Slow for the mo

Not much happening fishing wise for me at the moment. I have however been invited to a day on the Tweed by a client next Tuesday. I don’t have much experience fly fishing on rivers of this stature so it will be hit or miss for me but I’m looking forward to the challenge. Following on from that it will be Loch Sunart in November. This has been my seasonal pattern over the last 10 years or so fishing for Spurs along with my fellow club members in what is usually a very wet but sociable weekend.

The flights and fishing have been booked for a few weeks now for our trip to the Ebro. Scott and I will be teaming up for a lure based assault on the predators swimming around the Caspe region where we will be fishing with Lee
The targets will be Wels catfish, Zander, Largemouth and Perch. I’ve no doubt Scott will winkle out a few other species on the trip and I wouldn’t expect anything else. The last email I had from Lee he mentioned that an angler with him had a 162 pound Wels on a lure. I’ve not had a Wels before so I’m looking forward to adding that to my own species tally. A week in the sunshine catching some nice fish would be just the ticket at the moment but it’s a long way off for the time being.

 

2 comments:

Scott Hutchison said...

Really looking forward to our week on the Ebro mate. Just about to start researching what other species it holds. I think the day we arrive we should hit the coast too. ;-)

Martin said...

Will come around before we know it once we get the winter out the way. I've got the kayak nonsense going on so getting that put together will keep me busy. I want to be in the water for Feb/March for the Sea Trout. The main prey fish seems to be Dace. I don't think there is any shortage of Pumpkinseed as well, see what else the research shows up, that's one for you lol