Tuesday 29 July 2014

A surprise, local success

The TV was rubbish tonight, excluding Hannibal of course. I decided to chuck a few lures locally with what I would describe as low expectations of success. I’ve never had a Bass locally on a lure. At this time of year there are a few fish around 15 minutes from my house, these usually fall to bait and mostly at night. I fancied trying somewhere that I’ve often thought might throw up a fish. With the wind that was blowing there would be decent movement in the sea with clear water ,that was about as good as I thought it was going to get.
Satisfied with this one

I got a shock on my third cast when the lure was thumped and I was into a decent Bass, probably described locally as a good fish. It gave a great account of itself in the waves with some nice runs. I didn’t get another touch over the next couple of hours but I was more than happy. It’s left me wondering if I’m missing a trick on my doorstep, worth exploring I guess.

No comments: