Saturday 2 August 2014

Welcome to August

August has started like a damp squib. As I drove down on Friday night Radio 1 had just started their Ibiza weekend which reminded my I’ve not had a good night out for a while. The tunes were great, the tides were shite but the times suited me. I know better but went anyway. 10 hours fishing, 230 miles driven and the two smallest Bass of 2014 landed.
 
When I moved on Saturday morning things looked up at my new venue with what looked like a log swimming in the waves behind my surface lure for an excruciating yard or two but it wasn’t convinced enough to  touch the lure.  4 hours later this was the only excitement of the day other than tormenting terns and gulls anytime my lure splashed down. The weather was breaking down with some rain and strengthening wind from the wrong direction so there was not much to keep me focused on the back of three hours sleep.

No comments: