Friday 25 July 2014

Why we do it

I’m off down south this afternoon and should be in my bed at the minute. Having just arrived back home I’m wide awake after one of those sessions that reinforces the reasoning for the long drives, early starts and late nights.

I could have been back in Aruba this evening it was so warm. This was my first trip for Bass in July. I’m conscious the season is short and I know I’ve been missing out. Tonight went a fair way to making up for lost time, over four hours my itch was well and truly scratched.

The pick of the bunch, lovely fish in prime condition, deep and wide across the back. It came at the  lure twice hardly breaking the surface before I hooked it.

I noticed this fish following for a little while before committing. Nothing better than seeing that subtle ripple in the middle of the wake behind your lure. The was about the average size, pretty good and again in excellent condition.
My first fish of the evening. It flipped itself tail over head when it came up for the lure.

Just me, two Terns, Bass and a burning sun with nobody else for miles. One to hold onto for the winter I think.....




No comments: