Sunday 1 June 2014

Fishing and foraging Wales

I spoke with my mate Matt Powell on Friday , his season is well underway with some nice fish under his belt for both him and his clients. I’m hoping to get down for a few days later in the year. I had great time fishing with Matt last year. I have some nice memories from my visit, wading the gullies of Pembrokeshire catching Bass, listening to Queens of  the Stone Age, steak cooked on the barbecue with new potatoes and a glass of red at the end of the day, good times.

If you want to learn about foraging for wild food or catching some Welsh Bass have a look HERE

On the local front, just when I thought I was on a roll Jamie and I drew a blank on the Bass yesterday. I had a couple of knocks and lost a fish on a Wave Worm bamboo stick. I did however enjoy fishing these Wave Worms weightless and weedless pitched into the breaking waves as they covered the gullies. It’s a really natural presentation which leaves the lure to wash around and find its own way to the fish. I’m sure, like last year this will account for a few good fish.

I also hope to have a couple of new species shortly, with some luck I’ll have something to post in a couple of weeks…..

No comments: