Thursday 5 June 2014

Make it snappy

We arrived in Aruba on Tuesday so I did the right thing and left the fishing alone for a day. I hit the beach at 6am this morning nursing a mild hangover thanks to Havana Club & OJ. I was looking for a Snook or Jack as I worked my way along the beach but the first thing that showed any interest was a Needlefish which predictably threw the hook. I had a few follows, not sure what from to be honest but finally connected with this.

 A Mutton Snapper. It went really well so much so I thought it was a small Jack. It took a Megabass Edonis in black and silver, this lure did well for me in Mexico and after trying some small poppers and hard diving lures today it’s delivered again.
I had taken my lure off as I walked back to the hotel which was a mistake.  I watched as two big Bonefish ran the outside edge of the gulley and up on to a shallow patch. I’ve some crab pattern SP’s which might have slowed them down, won’t make that mistake again……

A nice two hours before eating a double breakfast. I've avoided the pancakes so far but it is inevitable  I'm afraid.

 Lynne should have some braid and a couple of lures on  these.......

No comments: