Thursday 1 November 2012

Day 5 Halloween Bass


My flight home was today but having lost a day I was keen to make the best of the time I had so I was on the pontoon at 7.30am. We rested the area we caught fish on yesterday and tried a number of spots where I might pick up a bigger fish. A couple of hours passed without a sniff so we had another move. I put the SG Slug back on and cast into a channel  about 20 ft. deep, keeping in touch with the jig as it fell I realised it wasn’t that shallow and lifted into a fish on the drop. The tide was fairly ripping and the fish fought really well going around and under the boat a couple of times before the net was slipped under it, smashing fish and the best of my trip. The picture doesn’t really do it justice.
The SG Slug again  but on the drop this time

We moved on and found the Bass and had another nice session in the last couple of hours with the SG Sandeel in pearl 20g getting the fish. I even had a fish on my last cast which was a nice way to end the trip!


The SG Eel's been scoffed


Getting a fish last cast is sure to make you come back!
If you want a day afloat in Cork Harbour you can get Richie here Eire Bass

You will hear the occasional bad joke but  in the process Richie should put you on the fish!

5 comments:

brian said...

great stuff Martin, those bass are real crackers, and the wrasse too!

Martin said...

Thanks Brian, I think I might try Sept next year as I've not had too much luck with Oct over the past few years. Enjoyed it all the same.

Col said...

Smashing Bass Martin, thought i'd hooked one of them today at portobello. turned out to be a seatrout .

Col said...

Looks like you had a great time some smashing fish!

Martin said...

Yes Col, decent fishing. It will be a long winter so tried to make the best of it.I did see your ST, will be looking forward to March for those...