Thursday 1 November 2012

Day 3 Drinking Guinness Day 4-Bass


Day 3
When I got up the next day Kevin was a non-starter which left me in predicament with three days left and two days fishing down the pan. The best thing I did before I left home was take the Voda Euro zone tariff as I spent the next couple of hours surfing the net and calling around before hitting the road to Cork Harbour and Cobh where I sorted out accommodation along the way. Monday was spent travelling on trains and drinking Guinness.

Day 4 Bass
I fished with Richie last July when I took a short visit over from Wexford for the day. Today would be a four hours session with the son of a family friend of Richie’s, TJ. He’d never caught a Bass before so Richie was keen to get him a fish but was not optimistic about our prospects at this time of year.
As it happens we did pretty well in the time we had. I caught Bass hopping a Savage Gear Sandeel Slug in pearl and 12g head along the bottom. Initially this worked well but when the tide eased I tried a white Wave Worm, SG Sandeel and a One Up Shad which all caught fish. TJ got on the Bass with the SG Sandeel in pearl and we both lost a number of fish, no record breakers but great fun on a nice morning. Richie is rightly protective of his marks so some of the pictures can’t be used and as you will notice tend to have no background as such….
On the SG Slug

White or pearl seemed to work well due to the slight tinge in the water.This one took a Wave  Worm

TJ got his Bass and a few more ,we also had double hook up




No comments: