Friday 7 September 2012

The magic cast

My long time bud Simon was on the phone today. It seems he parked the mountain bike and dusted down a rod and took his sons Euan and Lewis to a small tributary of the Nith recently. He spotted a nice overhang and after a few casts upstream with a Toby he connected with this nice Salmon. The boys seem delighted with the catch and Simon affirmed his 100 % catch rate from his sessions this year…..


I guess from an experience like this you just never know, they might get the bug and become a better fisherman than their dad ;-)

I’ll be down soon with a nice bottle of Barolo.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit – but just take your hands out your pockets when you fall over son, it’s been too long.

2 comments:

Lea said...

I love fishing! But I'm just beginning to learn. Your boys are adorable :)

Martin said...

Good luck!

I'm sure their dad Simon will be pleased to hear that.

Cheers
Martin