Sunday 16 September 2012

Like night & day

Friday evening I managed to blank and wrapped it about 8.45 after a long day I decided that I would stay fresh for Saturday. The morning came and went, no Bass but a few Pollack. It was overcast with some wind and not a bad tide so tried the drop on two marks nothing.

I contemplated heading home about tea time as anywhere I went seemed barren. Having bumped into a couple of TLF members in the morning and afternoon they had one fish for their efforts…

Anyway, I had a word with myself and got booted up. Fished a banker mark, devoid of life. I thought about Sunday’s forecast which looked brutal and decided to get on with it.

I missed a fish before the first just under 2 pounds and then had a very busy hour before being washed off the mark including what felt like a close but no cigar moment.

The vague hint of the red light filter,banned this after the flash as well and nearly ended up on my arse in the drink

Still trying to work out if I was too rough or took too much time but the fish got the upper hand and the hook came out. The no light rule was applied as after a flash going off in waste deep water I felt the fishing might come on and it did with a cracking hour that made up for the rest of the trip with the best fish going 3’ish. For me this year the fish caught at night totally magnify the experience on all fronts, focus, slower pace and the anticipation of a take. When it happens it can vary from nothing to the drag peeling off line or the fish munching its way up the SP. Yes its unsociable, potential dangerous but I like it.

1 comment:

Lea said...

The water around it sparkles! :)