Sunday 29 July 2012

Night 2

As much as I appreciate catching and not blanking it was more small Bass last night. Jamie had two school Bass on a pink& purple Komomo 2 fished across a shallow and weedy point on what was a really blustery night. They didn’t fancy the same lure in black magma so not a good start for me and had started to think about blanking. This unusual for me but put it down to being tired from Friday night. We fished on at the first mark till the lights went out and then moved to another spot to fish the remainder of the drop.


I switched to the controller and SP which is a stone wall imitation of a butter fish or I guess possibly a Blenny, given the terrain we fish in a certain prey item for a Bass. It’s a proven catcher here and worked on dead slow retrieve. I was optimistic after picking up a couple of better fish on Friday night but in truth the tide times and heights were against us. I did manage 4 small Bass and Jamie added another to his tally on a Sluggo. No pictures for the blog, only so much I’m motivated to do at night with a 1 1/2 Bass. We hit the road just before dawn and I checked the forecast ahead of our trip next week. I think I had better dust down the beach gear and check my frozen crab as things are not too clever. I can see me picking some weed out of leader knots and digging some worms for the first couple days.