Thursday 9 August 2012

A busy week

Bass in the SW, reasonable at some points & tough at others over 4 days. Wont be commenting on Bass numbers on this blog for a few reasons from now on....

The big fish are hard to come by this year, apparently...but there are a few. Just avoiding me again for the time being. I had a look at two 7 pound +  on Tuesday via a forum caught on Monday.



Nice camo!


I also had a trip with Stewart Clark this week AKA Mr Perch. He certainly knows some of these SW Perch & Pike marks. He knew I wanted a big Perch so when the fishing picked up he gave me a call.




Go large or up the road!

This is a Deps Bumble Shad. I got these for use in rough weedy ground where there are a lot of small Pollack and the theory larger Bass looking for them as prey. It has an 11/0 Owner Weedless in it. At 25g and sinking it works nicely at a slow pace. I have two nail weights in the belly to keep it stable.

Its also me new fav Perch lure! 2.4 oz

This jack took a Sebile Flatt Shad

It was good to get a break from Bass fishing, thanks Stewart!