Sunday 8 July 2012

Long Night

We stuck to the game plan last night. Fished the rough stuff on the drop, had some fun with small Pollack and Mackerel which I ended up taking off the surface when the tide dropped and the fish came within range of my hard lures. We saw a couple of Bass but no takers on the first mark.


Onto the beach, knew there would be Bass there but they would be small so I left Rodney and Jamie there and hoofed it to the shallow and rocky opposite end of where we started. I took two Bass and a Pollack off the surface on the Z Claw but nothing of note but unless you try you don’t know.

 On getting back to the beach the guys had done better than me which was no surprise but the fish as predicted were small. Rodney had asked me for a headlamp and pliers as he thought he had a hook stuck in his finger, yeah no sxxt Sherlock. Without my glasses I was not going to attempt it so he squashed the barb and pulled it back through and headed home happy enough he had a few fish.

We fished on in darkness but not on the mark we wanted to because of the wind, this was a non-event and a waste of time.

Dawn came and the wind dropped to zero. We travelled to catch the dropping tide in another area and after checking the water clarity we cracked on. This was ok as we picked up a few Bass and Pollack but yet again all pretty much carbon copies of the fish which seem to be going around at the moment.