Monday 2 July 2012

July starts with some SW Bass surface action

For the first half hour or so I was thinking that I should have been on another mark. In the calm conditions there was somewhere I had been keen to try for the first time this year but it was another 30 minutes drive. With it being Sunday and having work on Monday I stuck to plan A which worked out well.

It was a calm evening so I picked out a  Zenith Z Claw in 500 GP. Its got a nice lazy walk add in a few pauses and a shake of the rod tip and bingo!




 Ok so not the biggest Bass but good fun off the surface.
A bit more of the same and these little fish were in the mood to have a go at what is in comparison to their size a big bait.

A marginally better fish that followed the lure for a while before deciding to eat it. One of the best things about summer lure fishing for me is watching this happen.
This little fish hit the lure when I was just shaking the rod tip.
A brief venture sub surface with a Komomo 2 but after a few casts I missed the action of Z Claw
A nice little session with a dozen fish all off the top bar one. Has summer arrived ?