Thursday 28 June 2012

Last Bass session of June

Another dank night last night so I hope July is better. The Met Office and Windguru got both the strength and direction wrong but Jamie and I dodged on anyway. With the wind almost off my back I started off with a weightless Sluggo and them moved to an Xlayer which produced a couple of hits but nothing solid. Jamie tried a variety of lures with one half hearted splash to show for his efforts. The tide was dropping fast and with only a three hour session on the cards time was running out. As we looked out sea we could see Gannets moving fast, diving covering ground at an incredible rate as they did so moving towards us with tide emptying out the bay. Just at that we got a double hook...

Jamie with the better of the two fish on a baby Patchinko

Me with my fish on a Komomo in joker plate. As well as being happy to see the fish we were pissing ourselves as the rip in my waders at the backside had filled them almost to the waistband. You can see them in the picture below.

The two fish hit the beach at the same time
These are my spare pair.For a laugh I got Jamie to cut them at the bottom to let the water out.


Simple things make you laugh....this was one of them.

I arrived home today to find a new pair of waders replaced under warranty happy days!

Hopefully have some better pictures next time as phone cameras dont cut it in this light. I just got a new Lumix FT20 as you can see with summer here its defo got to be waterproof.