Saturday 7 November 2009

September-Bass & Mullet











With some settled weather I was back pursuing mullet. The fish I took in July was 88% of the Scottish record and I knew there were bigger to be had. In fact when playing that fish there were two of its pals swimming with it which were easily the same size if not bigger. I made a few changes and some fine tuning to me end tackle, ground bait and approach. This resulted in a superb session, can’t remember if it was five or six fish but I had another fish over 6 pounds. I did have some competition from a seal and was lucky not to lose two fish. I again involved a random, pics taken by a granny out buying a newspaper. The old dear stood and chatted off and on for about an hour and a half, bless her. Thanks for taking the pics!

I also had a couple of sessions on the Bass these were however proving a little trickier. I did have some more fish off the top including the one pictured here. It does not do it justice but I was perched on a boulder in 3 feet of water trying to be quite and not splash around. The minute the popper hit the water I paused, on the first few twitches walking it back it was totally nailed. In fact the fish almost cart wheeled over itself on the take, superb fish, great fight and it took ages to revive. I also took this fish at maximum distance which was interesting over the ground I was fishing. The Caldia I picked up for the Sun fish of the week worked well. I got the 3000 size , nice reel and a sweet little drag.

No comments: