Friday 6 November 2009

August-Bass




August was a difficult month, wind, rain, dirty water with suspended weed. As a result the wind direction throughout the month I was sort of pushed to fish one area more often than I would have liked. The weather seemed to conspire to be at it bests (along with the tides) mid week. But regardless of this I still caught, just had to try harder and put up with more weather.

Started taking more fish off the top on surface lures such as the Mag Popper and Luck Craft Sammy. For me it’s a really satisfying and also exciting way to take fish. What I did learn this month is that sometimes the less you do and only using subtle movements with this style of fishing the more you catch. I think I had about 8 fish on the surface.


The rain put the dampeners on the mullet but they would be back on the agenda soon enough…

No comments: