Friday 6 November 2009

July- Bass & Mullet







More of the same for me in July, good sessions on the Bass. Lots of miles, some warranted grief from Lynne as a result of being completely done in come Sundays. I drive around 50k miles per year in my day job and on top of that on a Friday night I was off on my travels, come Sunday…puffed out.

As a result of this I tried closer to home targeting mullet for a couple if quick sessions to get my fix. Now not having fished them for some time I was not that optimistic. This proved to be unfounded as had some quick success with 3 fish in my first session the best being this fish picture above at 6 pounds 5 ounces. The scrap these fish provide on the right tackle is just superb. The fish unfortunately died, after a doing its best to escape I put it back in the drop net to release it. Its dorsal became entangled in the net so by the time I brought it back up and then back down it had gone. I have to say it did eat pretty well cooked by mate Rodney on his barbi. Having released all but two Bass this year it provided a decent feed for us and a nice change.

The picture was taken by of all people a bus driver who's rig had broken down. I later cropped the finger out the pic but cant find that copy, did a decent job apart from that. This random pic request to a passing stranger was to become a theme when fishing for mullet as I did this mainly alone.

No comments: