Thursday 13 August 2020

Predictably difficult

I’m off for a few days now so looking at the forecast I decided to fish yesterday afternoon into darkness. The calm spell was coming to an end overnight Wednesday into Thursday and I intended to be fishing when that happened.  Despite the tiny tides I thought this would present an opportunity as I’ve done well in the past when after a calm spell of a few days, the wind kicks in.  Possibly one of the hottest afternoons I’ve fished in Scotland at 28c, predictably the fishing was rock hard, but I had a couple of small fish.  As the sun went down, I managed two school Bass on the Autowalker as well as a couple of Mackerel.  If Dimitrios @Lurmaniac looks in, that’s the lure christened!  I switched over to a Dolive when it was dark and had another couple of fish just as the wind picked up and the tide dropped. I was feeling positive that the prospect of a better fish was on the cards. A couple of flashes of lightning put an end to that and my first night session for years ended abruptly just as I was getting into it.  Being on the rocks at night alone, with a rod, didn't feel like the right place to be in those circumstances.  I’ll get a few sessions in somewhere Friday to Sunday on the kayak, not sure on the prospects to be fair but I’ll have a go.  I’ll check the forecast, load the van up and see where it takes me.


1 comment:

Luremaniac! said...

Just seen this! Nice one pal!