Sunday 2 August 2020

Nice weekend

We dodged through the thunder and lightning on Friday night and just before we set up the van it came to an end.  After a bit of a lay in on Saturday morning and two of the finest bacon rolls ever made, I picked up a few fish in a 45 min session.  I wish it was always that easy, the best one might have made just over 2 pounds but a handful of school bass and a mackerel was a nice way to get to lunchtime before breaking camp and moving on.  

Saturday night saw the wife and I eat out together for the first time in 6 months which was nice. It still feels a bit odd to be honest, people are still cagey.  Shortly after we finished we just decided to go back to the van for a few drinks and a movie. The overnight rain was pretty heavy and it kept me awake, there were a few growls and some snoring, the dog made a few noises as well.  Sunday morning arrived and we slung the door open and had a coffee as the sunshine poured in.  The three of us were a bit lazy and we didn't get moving till late morning. Two hours fishing was agreed as a trade off, for what I'm not sure yet but I had pretty much the same result.  I just had to work a little harder to get them in the gin clear water and early afternoon sunshine.  Sink and draw with a FBM in deeper water did the trick.  I also managed my first Bass off the surface, tragic as that is with it being August.  We had a great weekend despite it starting with a burst valve while checking the spare tyre pressure. The to do list for this week includes that and a decent windbreak.


No comments: