Thursday 11 June 2020

Ambush anti climax


A dour session to be fair, but I managed to find some fish where I expected them to be as the tide dropped. I’ve tracked baitfish and bass from my kayak at this spot and set up an ambush from the shore. I caught three in about 10 mins, then nothing for the next 2 hours. I expected the last couple of hours to be reasonable as the fish passed through but hey ho, that’s fishing. The DoLive quietly flicked into their path did the trick. The rest of session I had been tramping over boulders without a touch, kayak time soon, hopefully for some Tope.
18 Bass from three sessions and apart from two, they could have been the same fish, we can but try.

Dimitrios kindly sent my two new lures to try. These were designed by a mate of his from Cyprus, no doubt they look the part. The Autowalker at 115mm and just over 20g should cast like a bullet. They look to have Decoy hooks and being through wired, up to the job. I’ve not had a fish from the surface yet this year but I’ll give them a run out on my next session and report back. There's been some nice Bass caught on these having had a look on YouTube.




No comments: