Sunday 22 July 2018

Old faithful- the Yo-Zuri Mag Popper


Battered and bruised but still floating. It was all about the surface action today. There are some days when the good old Mag Popper out fishes anything in the box. I'm glad I've got a few tucked away, no idea why Yo-zuri discontinued this lure, on its day it's irresistible. At 18g and with a longish drop from the rod tip and a snap cast to get the internal weight system working, it can live with any of the modern lures of similar style/weight.Twice today I had a hooked fish come off only to be replaced by another that must have been following. Despite trying a few different approaches I only had a solitary fish on an another lure, a khaki FBM. With nothing much bigger than about 40cm it was nice to find the fish where I had previously blanked a couple of years ago. Still, with the number I caught today I was surprised I didn't sneak out a better one despite it being a nasty neap tide. Thanks for the tip Craig.



No comments: