Tuesday 8 May 2018

A weekend to forget


Setting off with the best intentions a pothole put an end to the first Bass trip of 2018 on Saturday morning. The roads are truly a disgrace at the moment. Two tyres in two days, I'm now spending more time looking at the road than what's going on around me on it. Three hours to get a new tyre and I had missed the tidal window that might have produced a fish or two.
More patches than a ship full of panto pirates
Having already replaced an alloy due to a crack 6 months ago I thought the same thing had happened again as result of the sudden deflation. The price to replace it was eye watering. 19 inch low profile run flats,no spare or space saver isn't a solution for the roads at the minute. My car is a company brief, as much as it's a great car I probably would not spec it with these if I had the choice.

I changed direction that evening and headed north for a few hours for Sea Trout. I lost one but blanked. I'm not feeling the motivation to fish for them this year for some reason. I might have a shot from my Outback at some point this season but outside of this  I'm done for the year.

I had a launch on Monday, poor tides but I thought it might be worth a shot. The plan was combine a spot of Bass fishing with lures and maybe a Thornback or early Tope.

When it came to catching, I had an estimated 3 or 4 pound seagull with the first cast of a surface lure for 2018, awesome.
 It's always a pleasure to release them high into the wind and see them fly off, just like Kes. I might even have had a tear in my eye. I think we'll call this one a draw.

Between catching dogfish and farting into my drysuit not much else took place.
Early days down there, must do better next time out or they'll be a melted kayak on a beach somewhere.











No comments: