Tuesday 20 March 2018

Morocco Mission


Between the weather and other commitments I've not managed out over the past few weeks so I'm looking forward to chasing a few sea trout this weekend. Other than working I've been spending some time over the last month(too much in fact) planning a trip to southern Morocco. I've not had the desire for a trip like this for a few years now so when the idea wouldn't go away I found myself searching the internet for information on Leerfish. Morocco , the Ebro delta and Adriatic were all sound possibilities I knew of. With a lot of digging I opted for a Moroccan adventure! April appears to be early in the season but it should be OK and next month suits me anyway. I looked at the tides for the area, the dates I wanted were available, so I booked the flights!

It's a windy environment on the coast of the Sahara and I've had to gear up for this and the potential size of fish accordingly. Longer rods, 40g -3oz lures, surf tables, rocks and wading reefs will be the order of the day by the looks of it. Staying in a tent will be fun, I'll just need to remember to check my boots for things in the morning.
I have to say, it's been a really awkward trip to plan from the start. From flights routes changing to organising the injections I've just had today. I could go on but what's the point? It is however coming together, I just need a valid passport now. I'm sure that will be straightforward....
Being bald people insist on buying me hats. I've no idea where the Fez came from to be honest. I think there might have been drink taken.

My bucket list of fish is out the window unless I get a lottery win. It's now Leerfish, Bluefish and Striped Bass ,all doable. With some luck I might be able to knock the Bluefish off the list in September. I can almost justify the gear I've just bought for a trip in the future for Striped Bass.I'm telling myself that anyway.

No comments: