Saturday 24 March 2018

Hot and Cold

There was some warmth in the sun this morning and it was nice to feel this on my face after a couple of weeks off. My legs however were stinging with the cold after 30 mins  deep wading. It didn't help that one of my dodgy repairs sprung a leak, not a surprise really.

Initially when I woke up I felt ill and contemplated not going. Feeling the need to get out I lasted a couple of hours, had a fish and lost a couple, not the worst way to spend a Saturday morning.

This ragworm escaped the sea trout and gulls and was making its way to safety. Somewhere on the tide the sea trout will be hammering these as the swim freely while spawning at this time of year. A tell tale sign to look out for is gulls repeatedly dipping and picking them off the surface.





No comments: