Sunday 18 February 2018

Everyday is like Sunday

River at full pelt , not surprisingly the water level was way up in the loch with the snow melt. I switched on the Lowrance , 2.8c ,oh dear... That is very cold, ever the optimist I pushed off in to the greyness with an earworm and Morrissey's lyrics in my  head. 

All of the above I chose to ignore...

Not much to show for a days fishing, at least one Pike fancied a snack, the free hanging treble was pinned to right of the last tooth mark, in the root of the tail, typical.


I opted to float fish a sardine at one point but I had also underestimated how cold it was. I couldn't hack it after 20 mins sitting still. My layering under my drysuit wasn't right today, something I'm putting down to hurried prep last night. No hot drink either, schoolboy errors really.

I made some nice trippy screen shots with the plotter screen on structure scan overlay, the wind caught me and I spun around. I've not used this much but played around with it today being cold and bored senseless for the most part.

One of my perch spots on the top right, it kind of adds a dimension as you travel. I should get my arse in to gear and set up Insight Genesis. That's job for next week, it could just help me catch that one fish on day like today when everything was stacked against me. 

So I'm having a glass of wine  and drying my eyes, boo hoo.... Not sure what to get up to next weekend? It wont be here:0)



  • Rods -Savage Gear 7ft Big lure/jerk 150g/ Rovex Quad Pro 8ft 20-40g
  • Reels-Okuma Citrix/Daiwa Caldia X
  • Line Powerpro 60pound/Sufix Tritanium 18pound
  • Lures- various, Westin Monster Teez,Fox Pro Shad, Bass Assassin Sea Shad
  • Hobie Outback/Lowrance 7Ti










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How I dearly wish I was not here