Monday 3 April 2017

Grind and find them


The fishing was as variable as the weather, decent at some points and downright horrible in others, spring time fishing in Scotland I guess. I spent a couple of days trying to track down some big fat Perch at the weekend. There were a few other anglers doing likewise. With nobody giving too much away I’ve no idea how their sessions went but our goal would have been the same at this time of year, a fish with height and girth, the biggest fish of all some might say, in the Perch fishers’ world at least. I kind of agree. I enjoy fishing for them.
It was an all season weather weekend with the wind constantly changing direction and strength with sun and rain in the mix. It was wearing me down at few points but the thought of  getting that one fish I was looking for I stuck with it. But it wasn't to be, that's fishing. If I had more time this month I would take a week off and go at it, now's the time for the mama. It was hard going mind, would probably need another week off after peddling  around after them, suppose I could do a Lance Armstrong, get a blood transfusion mid week maybe?
This was the first Perch I measured
 

I was perhaps into double figures in terms of the size and two a little longer than the fish above over the course of the weekend. To be fair it was more of famine than a feast on my trip, I fished hard for these. I had the feeling the fish were somewhere else completely and perhaps I could have launched in a different spot on day two. The big Perch are here, having caught them in the past it's just a matter of putting in the time and the legwork.
 
Now for something different. I have a three day trip with Jim later this week. I've no idea in the slightest how we'll get on but I am motivated enough to give it a shot. Best foot forward, we've got the gear and most of an idea. Till next time.

No comments: