Friday 14 April 2017

Dawn raid

I have a busy weekend planned so took the opportunity to get on the water this morning, first cast 6am. It looked fishy and on my fourth chuck the rod hooped over with the first Sea Trout of the day, fantastic! Almost at the top of my waders in the strong flow I had the fish in the net for a confident start. I reached for the camera to take a quick snap of a nice 2 pound fish only to find the memory card missing and the internal memory full, don’t know how many times I’ve done this. I dropped the fish back in and cleared down some the limited space, not wasting too much time before getting back to business. Time passed and I was thinking the fish had shot past me at some point and was also considering changing lures when I had the slightest of taps, with a couple of stops this was converted into a smaller Sea Trout this time.
This was followed by another, slightly bigger fish which put up a scrap punching above its size in the tide before a quick visit to the net and making its onward journey.
These little features are great, with the undulating bottom these small gaps provide spots for the fish to hold up, rest or ambush passing food items. Even when these are covered by a few feet of water you can spot the signs. Three of fish this morning came from spots like this, hundreds of yards from the main flow.
I was thinking of wrapping it when I had another little fat fish in good order to end a fairly productive 2.5 hours session. Now for a day looking at flooring and kitchen appliances .....

 


No comments: