Saturday 18 February 2017

Dont drink on an empty head

Thanks to Craig for tying these for me, it’s appreciated, they’ll catch fish for sure. It would have been a lot better if I took them with me, along with my leader, permit and everything else that was left in my HPA pack, in the garage. My wife drove most of the way to drop it off to me, she’s a gem and I didn't ask, but it will probably cost me at some point ;0) So, this is what happens when you've not had a glass of wine for a while? Daft really, functioned almost without a flaw for years before this, I need to have a word with myself.

I had about 3.5 hours fishing with a couple of follows on the Alive Shrimp in the first 20 mins, which, unfortunately was it. I spent the last half hour with the lure rod on a spot that needed some range at the top of the tide only to be shown how to catch Sea Trout by seals. I just wasn’t my day, the seals were on the money, never saw Sea Trout jumping to get away from them before and both are always here. I know I’m in the right place at the right time but it’s difficult not to be annoyed, they, at the end of the day are not doing it for fun.
On this occasion there wasn't!  I enjoyed dusting down the fly rod ,something I'm keen to do more of.

No comments: