Wednesday 8 June 2016

Smashing time

I’m now in the market for a new pair of Costas after a minor accident yesterday. I’ve had these since about 2002, they’ve done well to survive this long. Ironically of all the places they’ve been and could have been lost or broken I dropped them lense down on the floor as I entered my room.
I put the fly rod to work yesterday afternoon and had some fun with the Palometa. They took a fancy for a Petterson breeding shrimp fished along the gutter about five yards off the beach. Line management wasn’t great with breaking waves and getting the fly line caught between my toes regularly. Let’s face it though, not the worst problem to have.
Stormy conditions this morning with lightning on the horizon at dawn. The fishing was slow. There were a few Needlefish around and I also managed a couple of Cero Mackerel before it was time for breakfast.
 
 

No comments: