Friday 10 June 2016

I can blank anywhere

I’ve been lucky and had very few blank sessions this year but today it was my turn. The tides have moved on and the weather is more unsettled. I’m now fishing the drop and not the start of the flood. Having a couple of hours at dawn suits me but even in the short space of time I’ve been here I’ve noticed the general activity changing as the tides do what they do here and at home. I did however see the intended target about 7am this morning. From my position on the rocks in the background in one of the images below I spotted two big Jack Crevalle. They were moving fast and hard on the bottom, they are here.
I  also had half an hour on the beach this afternoon thinking the Palometa would at least put a bend in my fly rod. These were noticeably absent from the various spots in the gutter at the start of the beach. I'm told I'm having a rest day tomorrow:0)
One last cast as always

 



 

No comments: