Friday 3 June 2016

Dead sticking for dummies

Sometimes work puts me in the right place at a time that suits me. So I managed a short session after I finished work today. I all but packed in Bass fishing in 2015 with only a couple of blank sessions fairly early on, my angling efforts were spent elsewhere.
It was nice to get a fish at my first attempt this year.
The deadly technique - cast the surface lure out, close the bail arm, hold the rod between my legs and adjust my glasses while putting my hat on - at the same time wait for the rod to be pulled from between my knees.

Unusually I also had a Garfish crash the lure shortly afterwards. I did catch one in 2014 but these on whole appear to be few and far between. Apart from one follow that was it, can’t complain really as I recognise luck when I see it.

No comments: