Saturday 9 April 2016

Brand Philosophy

It’s fair to say I’m a fan of Patagonia clothing but I’m not a label tart. Functional, practical and certainly value for money when you shop around, their gear just works. When it gets to a point that it stops working the company will repair it and post it back free of charge.
Now and then over the years while doubling up on wading duty this Torrentshell jacket has seen better days. The zip has failed as a result of wear and exposure to saltwater. My mate Scott is not a fan of my Cilantro green shell so he'll be glad to see the red one on my back again.
My Retro X vest is in a similar state.
 
This item along with my R1 Hoody is pretty much my go to set up for most of the year in Scotland. I should have sent the hoody for repair the last time I used their repair facility. It’s now in tatters around the sleeves after countless encounters with hooks and fences. I’m told that I might well receive a new one for my birthday as my wife’s sick looking at it.
 
Yes please!
 

Hello Martin,

Thank you for sharing our Brand Philosophy: Reduce, Repair, Reuse, Recycle and Reinvent. In order to start the repair process, please print out the form enclosed and send it together with the item to be repaired to our repair center in Portugal. Patagonia will pay for the repair costs and the shipping costs from the repair center to you. You only need to bear for the shipping to our repair center. We kindly advise you to send the parcel with track-and-traceTypical turnaround time for repairs - with shipping - is about four to five weeks, but may be longer during periods of high volume. If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to help.
 
All the best!
 
Kashin 
 
 

2 comments:

Scott Hutchison said...

Send me the green one. I'll happily put a Zippo on it. :-P

Martin said...

Don't think the red jacket will be back in time for Ireland. You had better hope it stays dry....