Friday 4 March 2016

Pink to make the Trout wink

It was a two spoons of coffee in my travel mug kind of morning. My intention had been to put the kayak in the water for the first time this year and I spent a lot of last night getting the gear ready. I checked the forecast again at 5am after looking out of my bedroom window. Decision made. I’m on the beach today, it was just an easier option.

A fairly difficult day lay ahead and the fish were hard to find. I fished for seven hours , covered a lot of ground moving numerous times making the changes as I went. Some worked, some didn’t, the usual I suppose. Pink made the trout wink though , my wife’s nail varnish did a great job on two of my lures which scored for me.



 
When I made the switch to my fly gear I stuck with this theme and picked up a nice little fat fish on a pink Pettersen. I made a short cast to my left to the spot I was wading to and the fish hammered it on the third or fourth pull. My double haul is also getting slightly better, it’s just a better class of poor now! It felt like a long day, guess I’m just getting match fit after a lazy winter.
 
 

  

No comments: