Saturday 26 March 2016

Not a bad Good Friday

If you can find them you have a chance of catching them. Yesterday was a case of drive, walk, cast, watch, rinse and repeat.
When I did eventually connect with a Sea Trout it coughed up a few ragworm. I didn’t see any obvious markers as I walked the beaches but at this time of year the fish can be locked on to their breeding cycle.  The tell tail sign is normally groups of gulls continuously dipping down and picking the ragworm off as they go about their business.
 
 
 
Another little piece of knowledge gained with four fish from a new spot and somewhere else to revisit in the future.

 
 
 

2 comments:

Luremaniac! said...

This is the fabled ragworm pattern the Japanese go on about. Hence all them wormy looking minnows...
Had good success in just about anything this time of year with ragworm imitations...
Did you get them on such lures/flies?

Martin said...

I struggled for most of this session but when I put a ragworm pattern on as a teaser I had three more fish. But none of them actually took it?? I have caught on that same pattern before though.