Saturday 26 September 2015

Mission accomplished! 4 pound Perch

I intended to catch some big Perch this year and set myself a fairly steep target of a 4 pound fish. I’ve not been out as much as I would have wished, mainly due to the weather. When I have got afloat I’ve enjoyed myself learning the ropes on the kayak, made decent progress and caught some nice Perch.

I’m delighted with this fish. My little Fox drop shot rod was buried to the tip when I hooked it as I peddled away from the snag I was targeting. I was desperate to catch a glimpse of it in the bright sunlight. When I did get my eyes on it I knew it would go close to my target so carefully picked my moment with the net. When the scales settled they were bang on the money, 4 pounds on the nose.

It’s been a great end to a really emotional week, this one’s for you Rodney, rest in peace bro.
 

 
Time to go home early- no need to be greedy
 
 

5 comments:

Luremaniac! said...

Nice one man! A proper lump!
Whats next?

Martin said...

Cheers, maybe a 5 pounder? :0) This year more of the same and a Zander off the yak. Next year more variety, Pollack on Skye, SW Bass and wouldn't mind trying for a big Pike. Any I've caught have been pretty much by-catch.

Scott Hutchison said...

Superb mate. Well earned. Hats off to you for getting Das Bite and putting the time in. Fingers crossed the weather is nice to us and we can catch up on Sunday. :-)

Col said...

Well done Martin that's a stonker

Martin said...

Cheers guys