Friday 24 July 2015

Striped thuggery

Not been out for a couple of weeks  but managed a trip yesterday afternoon and today. Sometimes I’ve felt like I’ve been plotting a map of snags here. For the most part that’s the game and there are not too many shortcuts to finding features on a big loch. The Perch were in isolated pockets here and there and a couple of Pike provided some excitement. Next time out I’ll try bringing them to me.

These were the best pair. Two of the sunken tree thug gang, bossing the branches and crunching crustaceans and my plastic.

First time  I've slipped  a fish in a weigh bag for a while, 3 pounds on the nose. I thought it might be more as it was so broad across its back.
                             
The first glimpse I had of this fish was when the dorsal popped up and it swam towards me on the surface. It was an outrageous shape, like a little football with  a big head and spikes attached. It too had a visit to the weighing bag coming in at 3.4. My target is a  4 pound fish before the winter kicks in so this was decent progress.Early to bed tonight, ten hours in the saddle today. The Hobie Vantage seat is awesome.

3 comments:

Luremaniac! said...

Footballs indeed! Good to see you out man...

Martin said...

Thank Dimitrios,it was great to be back afloat, catching some nice fish was a welcome bonus.

Col said...

There real smashing perch, well worth scratching about for.