Wednesday 3 June 2015

Electrickery

Here is a short walk through the sounder I’ve been using delivered in a typically American fashion. I found the Lowrance to be invaluable at the weekend when faced with a large expanse of water. Reading the shoreline looking for points, bays and reed beds is one thing.  Finding the hidden features which were holding fish away from these areas is another. It clearly didn’t take the effort out of covering the ground to find them so my conscious is clear! I found the trackback facility really useful. If I was traveling down wind for instance I was able to complete a tight turn and come back on myself, hold into the wind and cast to the target area. I won’t be buying a Navionics mapping card for the sea as the basic plotter set up is good enough for what I need it for. I just wish I could work through the menus as quickly as the product manager in the video. I’ve also just realised I can use the micro SD card from my GoPro to record  what I come across so I’ll take some data from my next trip.

No comments: